Skip to content Skip to navigation

How to Declare

So you want to major (or minor) in Sociology? Congratulations and welcome! Here is what you need to do:

For Majors:

  1. Declare on Axess
  2. Download and complete the Sociology Major Declaration Form
  3. Email Michael Rosenfeld, the Director of Undergraduate Studies, to arrange an appointment to submit your form and talk about the major
  4. Think about who you would like your faculty advisor to be - refer to the tenure line faculty list for available advisors

For Minors:

You can register for the Sociology minor directly on Axess, but you should follow up with an appointment with either Michael Rosenfeld, Director of Undergraduate Studies, or Daniela Fields, in the Sociology department office