- What is your department's philosophy?
- How long does it take to get a Ph.D. in sociology?
- What are the requirements for the Ph.D. degree?
- What are the different subfields within the graduate program in sociology?
- How is your placement record?
- What is the teaching requirement in your department?
- Can I apply to enroll in a Master's program in sociology?
- What is the annual cost of attending your program?
- What type of financial support do you offer?
- Do you offer support for the summer months?
- Is there support available for fieldwork or professional conferences?
- What is the Knight-Hennessy Scholars program?
- What are the sociology department's research areas?
- Are sociology faculty accepting new research students?
PREPARING FOR ADMISSION
- When is the application deadline?
- I have taken the GRE more than once. Which score will be considered for my application?
- Will you accept my GMAT score?
- I am an international student currently enrolled in a degree program in the U.S. Do I need to submit a TOEFL score?
- Do you have a minimum GRE score?
- Do I have to submit GRE scores if I already have a Master's degree?
- Is there a department code for ETS to use in order to send in my scores?
- Can letters of recommendation and official transcripts arrive after the application deadline?
- If I have prior graduate work, can it be transferred to the Ph.D. program?
- What is the admissions committee's expectations of prospective students?
- How do I apply?
- Is there an application fee? If so, can I apply for a fee waiver?
- Can I apply for winter, spring, or summer quarter admission?
- Can I contact sociology faculty to request a meeting or to inquire about my preparation in advance of my application?
- Will I have a chance to talk with someone before I decide to accept an offer of admission?